November 13, 2014

Staff Pick - Rocks: My Life In and Out of Aerosmith

Celebrity biographies are a “dime a dozen” anymore, but I do enjoy reading them.  Some are better than others, of course. Some celebrities can write well, and some should stay in their own arena.

The books that I am particularly drawn to are those about musicians.  I am curious about the lives of the men and women who shaped my musical tastes. Aerosmith is one of these bands.

Joe Perry is their lead guitarist and has written a biography of his life in and out of the hit-making power group. It is an interesting account of the band’s beginnings, their ups and downs along the road and of Perry’s role as a musician in his own right, and as a devoted husband and father.

If you'd like to read Rocks: My Life In and Out of Areosmith, you can find it in our catalog by clicking here.

-Nancy J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think about this book!