January 6, 2015

Staff Pick - God's Not Dead

I didn't know what I expected when I decided to watch this movie, but I had seen several of my Facebook friends had posts earlier this summer after they had been to the theater to see it.

A Philosophy professor decides he will pass every freshman student without all the dusty old arguments, if they will simply write God is Dead on their first project. As he collects the papers, everyone is compliant, until Josh refuses to write what he does not believe, even for a passing grade.

The professor issues a challenge for Josh to defend his belief to the entire class and for the rest of the semester, he must stand up for his faith in God even though he risks his relationships and possibly his future. 

I really enjoyed the way the story unfolded and I was also impressed with the way the connecting relationships were handled. I thought it was a great story.

If you'd like to check out God's Not Dead on DVD, you can find it in our catalog by clicking here.

-Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think about this book!