August 10, 2015

Staff Pick - Suck Your Stomach In & Put Some Color On!

Suck Your Stomach In & Put Some Color On! What Southern Mamas Tell their Daughters That the Rest of Y’all Should know Too
By Shellie Rushing Tomlinson

“My daddy raised me to be a lady.”  I have fell back on this phrase – more importantly – the teachings that went into the bringing up of a tomboy from Missouri, many times in my life.  It has gotten me through a lot.

Shelly Tomlinson has most definitely hit the nail on the head here, sharing sometimes hilarious stories, and quotes from folks all over the country -- about family -- being taught to love and support each other, enjoying good, home-cooked food, and above all, always using good manners!

Go ahead and wear your overalls to town.  If you’ve been raised right, your beauty will shine through!

This book made me smile.  It's a great summertime read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think about this book!