May 18, 2016

The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas



The Burning Sky is about a young mage named Iolanthe Seabourne who discovers she has monumental powers and a terrifying destiny that awaits her. She, along with Prince Titus, who is nothing more than a figurehead for the Domain, his realm, must defeat the Bane in order to free the Domain from his crushing command, and win back Titus's power to rule.

What drew me to this book in the first place was its stunning cover art that graces it. You're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but the cover is the very thing that drew me to this particular book. After seeing it, I knew it was a book that I just had to read.

I'm glad that I did. The writing style and story sucked me in so hard that I felt as though I was part of the story, toiling along right beside Iolanthe and Titus as they went about their suicidal task of defeating the Bane. It's a book that will keep you up all night to finish it if you're not careful.

The ending is a non cliff hanger, but because the book is part of a trilogy, there are many unanswered questions left - enough that I dove right into the second book.

If you're a fan of fantasy and magic, I highly recommend this book. But, I warn you to be prepared to lose great chunks of time as you try to get to the end! 


-Amber

Check it out in the catalog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think about this book!